This post is part of the Science@home Teach/Learn carnival, May’s theme was Outside so I’ve got quite a list of things to do there. It’s freezing cold but sunny here, so we’re trying to rug up and do lots of outdoors play. Here are some ideas.
- Make crystals, it’s beautiful weather for evaporating.
- As a change from painting, try dying or reverse dying.
- Get into the sandpit and make a volcano.
- Make a Water wall.
- Or how about this Fizzing Sidewalk paint from Quirky Momma?
- While you’re in the sandpit you can build some landscapes.
- And then it’s just fun to run around or fly kites.
- If you want to go even faster, go for a ride on your bike.
- If you have a pool or even a tub of water you can play with balls.
- And if your weather isn’t as dry as it is here how about playing in the rain.
- Maybe go for a walk and take along your field journal.
- Or if there’s nothing growing near you, you can sprout your own peas.
- And after all that, you can even Clean up.
Have fun getting outside today! Have a look at Childhood 101′s We Play linkup for more play ideas.
Enjoy this article? Subscribe to the weekly newsletter to hear about them all. Or grab my RSS feed