Shops these days seem to have three types of t-shirts: Covered in commercials, dainty princesses (or worse) or ‘Mummy’s Little Monster.’ None of them are a look I’m happy with for my girls. And I’m a science geek. So I made me some science geeky shirts, and you can have them too through my RedBubble store.
How it works
I don’t actually make the shirts, I have designed them and they are printed by RedBubble, a UK company. This means they’re available anywhere in the world. They are 100% cotton shirts by American Apparel, I’m very happy with the quality and printing of the ones we have. It is a lighter material than most Australian t-shirts, but it’s comparable to some we got in the UK so it’s probably their standard.
- Choose a design you like. The way they look in the thumbnail is just a suggestion, you can change the shirt colour when you order. Click on ‘Buy or Preview’ to see all your different options.
- Choose the type – they are available for adults, kids, babies and as stickers. Within each category there are different types of clothing like t-shirts or onesies, long or short sleeves etc.
- Choose the shirt colour. Some of the designs are available in light or dark versions so play around.
- Put your order in, Red Bubble prints them and notifies you when they are on their way. Delivery takes around 10-15 days, that was accurate for me which is pretty good given I live in the middle of nowhere.
- Disclosure: I own the designs, most of the money you pay goes to Red Bubble for the printing and shirts but I get a percentage of every design sold. Win/win – you get a good quality, customised shirt and support Science@home 😀